Project 1: Text-twist clone
Project 1 Mastery Tasks
Just like most client work the project specs give you a
great deal of room to walk or run and
put your personal touch on it. So here are
some intellectual milestones that I would
like you to measure your skills against. If you are struggling,
check this list and reach out for help on particular parts of it.
- Create a web interface which can take guessed words
from users and do something with the guess.
- Create a server-side script which can
provide any sort of JSON object to the front end.
- Have the front-end request any JSON object from the server
and respond somehow to it.
- Write a server-side script which generates game-specific data.
This largely depends on how you want to structure your game but
likely you'll need a rack and somewhere (client or server)
you'll need the ability to check if a guessed word is in that rack.
- Create part of the interface which shows the current rack and game meta-data,
this could work entirely from static data.
- Wire everything up so that on a user event (like a button press) data is
requested of the server, loaded when received, and the game has a way to check guesses.
- Devise a way to show what sizes of words remain.