Don't like this style? Click here to change it! blue.css
Welcome .... Click here to logout
Project 1 Rough Guidance
So the project is designed to suit your sense of excellence and what you bring to the table.
That said it's nice to have a set of micro-deliverables that can make you feel like you're on the right time schedule and making progress.
So here are a series of mastery skills that you should self-assess as you progress:
- You can host a website using static files on a CDN.
- You can display data read from a database dynamically.
- You can write data to a database (and have other users see it).
- You can manage client-side "routing", "deep-linking", and display different screens based on the user's choices.
- You can design your database (or API services) to give you what you need on the screen you need it.
- Given an array of JSON objects display them each in a template and let a user interact with any particular object.
- You can setup OAuth and passwords with email resets for your users.
- You can assign roles to users based on their auth token and control access based on those roles.
- You can allow users to create a new server/channel/page dynamically and others route to that synthetic page.
For each of these mastery tasks I'd suggest building mock-ups/prototypes that hello world the mastery skill. Probably doing around two per week of classes.
If you keep that pace you should be done with a baby DIY Discord by October 18th.
If you'd like to show me proof of these mastery tasks in the meantime I'd happily take a look and give feedback via Discord DMs.